64 bit - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows Server
- Autodesk Maya 64 bit / 2010, 2011(hotfix 2), 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Autodesk 3DS Max 64 bit / 2013, 2014, 2015
- Maxon Cinema 4D 64 bit / R15, R16
DirectX 11 capable graphics card
- at least 1 GB GPU memory
- NVIDIA GTX 4xx or later series
- NVIDIA Quadro 4xxx or later
- NVIDIA TESLA cards can be used for raytracing ONLY. Because Tesla NOT supporting DirectX, can't be used like PRIMARY GPU. There has to be in system another DX11 compatible GPU like primary card.
- AMD / ATI Radeon series card (NO RAYTRACE - only biased rendering)?
System recommendation - NVIDIA TITAN 6GB
- Please always use the latest graphics card drivers.
- Remember, if you will use FurryBall with OLD, or SLOW GPU, it NEVER be powerful as it is!!! It could be MUCH slower than CPU if rendering on old GPU. - Compare your card with others.
- Processor (CPU) speed is NOT important for GPU rendering An expensive multi-core CPU is not required, but a fast multi-core CPU will improve the scene loading speed and working in 3D application.
- The most important for rendering is GPU memory - Don't skimp on GPU Memory!
- We STRONGLY recommend at minimum 3 GB for Raytracing with latest KEPLER core (6xx, 7xxx, Titan series).
- For serious work in bigger resolution there is optimal NVIDIA GTX Titan with 6 GB memory, or Quadro K6000 with 12 GB memory
Your GPU card memory WILL NOT DOUBLE when you use 2x Titan with 6GB, your total memory will be still just 6GB!
- Multi-GPU render is supported only for raytrace features on NVIDIA cards!.
- We also recommend combine only SAME GPUs. Combining LOW and HIGH card in one computer can be paradoxically slower, than only one single GPU. You can experiment with GPU setting in FurryBall standalone app.?
- Raytracing features are available ONLY on NVIDIA cards and use NVIDIA® OptiX™
- NON Kepler NVIDIA cards (4xx, 5xx series and older) can cause BIG system memory consupion while rendering.
- on Apple OSX there is possible to run FurryBall with dual boot.
Recommended hardware configuration for smooth working in 3D application - for GPU rendering there is NO important CPU speed:
- 4-core or more core CPU for optimum CPU performance
- 16 GB of system RAM
- GTX TITAN, GTX 7xx or Quadro K5000, K6000 with the highest amount of video memory available (3-6 GB and more)
For more informations please reference Hardware FAQ.
Comparison of graphics cards is listed in GPU Benchmarks page.
Due special technology FurryBall renders are same with NVIDIA and AMD cards. We recommend NVIDIA cards for better performance.