64 bit - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows Server
- Autodesk Maya 64 bit / 2010, 2011 (hotfix 2), 2012, 2013, 2014
- Autodesk 3DS Max 64 bit / 2013, 2014
DirectX 11 capable graphics card
- at least 1 GB GPU memory
- NVIDIA GTX 4xx or later series
- NVIDIA Quadro 4xxx or later
- AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series card or later (NO RAYTRACE - only biased rendering)
- MULTI-GPU is support!
- We also recommend combine only SAME GPUs. Combining LOW and HIGH card in one computer can be paradoxically slower, than only one single GPU. You can experiment with GPU setting in FurryBall standalone app.â€‹
- Multi-GPU render is supported only for raytrace features.
- Raytracing features are available ONLY on NVIDIA cards
NON Kepler NVIDIA cards (4xx, 5xx series and older) will cause BIG system memory consupion while rendering (more than 10 GB on RAM) and CPU compilation. This is because we are using NVIDIA OptiX and it's tuned for the latest cards.
These older NVIDIA cards can be still used for Biased rendering with few raytracing features (shadows and reflections).
The most important for rendering is GPU memory
- We STRONGLY recommend at least 2 GB for Raytracing with latest KEPLER core (6xx, 7xxx, Titan series) for indirect lighting.
- Optimal GPU is NVIDIA GTX Titan with 6 GB memory, or Quadro K6000 with 12 GB memory
Recommended hardware configuration to preserve interactivity for more advanced effects:
- 4-core or more core CPU for optimum CPU performance
- 16 GB of system RAM
- GTX TITAN, GTX 7xx or Quadro K5000, K6000 with the highest amount of video memory available (3-6 GB and more)
Hardware requirements are listed also in our forum.
Comparison of graphics cards is listed in GPU Benchmarks page.
Due special technology FurryBall renders are same with NVIDIA and AMD cards. We recommend NVIDIA cards for better performance.